Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Standard I am busy post

Today is Wednesday and it's bizarrely warm, and overcast, and it just started pouring rain outside. I spent three hours in a seminar on leadership and public speaking at school (thankfully with a good speaker) and I have a to do list a mile long. I'm usually pretty good at keeping tabs on all things I need to remember, but I've finally reached the point where I can't tell up from down anymore. Also I bought some can of Indian lentil stew for lunch and didn't realize the serving size is 1/6th of the can, and now I'm afraid to eat all of it because all of the salt will probably kill me on the spot.

The three major things I need to figure out are: 1) get completed dissertation draft to advisor by the 1st. I have several things to do to do the document before then; 2) find a new committee alternate. Long story, but I need a new one and I don't know anyone who meets the specific criteria and until I find one I'm a bit nervous; 3) put together a job talk for my first campus interview (which is coming up sometime in next few weeks, date hasn't been set yet). Once I've got my dissertation draft in I also need to provide comments on a journal article I agreed to review.

This is boring, I'm sorry. I can't even think of an photo appropriate for this post. It's also my reality though. When I was walking away from some friends I overheard them jokingly say that they don't like talking to me because my productivity makes them feel bad. Oops. In more exciting news I just ordered a refurbished iPad 3 and I'm pretty excited about that if nothing else.

4 comments:

  1. I've never used an iPad. I'm sure I would love it. Life can't always be "exciting". Lol good luck with everything! I'm glad that the weekend is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever used one for a few minutes, but it seems so handy for travel and meetings and stuff like that. Now is a good time to get the iPad 3s refurbished since you can't buy them new from Apple anymore since they switched it all out to the 4 and the mini. Much better deal!

      Thank you! I'm about to bash my face into my laptop right now because I am really struggling with some political science literature I'm supposed to add, but I just need to remember that it's just a few more days until I get this document off my plate again!

      Delete
  2. Whats the name of the font in your header? love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! All of my blog design is from http://www.etsy.com/shop/17thAvenueDesigns

      Delete

HallÄ! Please leave a comment and let's get a conversation started!