Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

working working working

Via Pinterest by Yuki Kitazumi

Still writing, editing, researching. It's a reassuring feeling that these papers get better for every round of edits, but still, it's daunting to deal with so many revisions. I'd really like to get my third manuscript out to committee members sometime tomorrow, and then send back revisions on the second manuscript early next week. I also need to schedule my final defense. We finally decided that my advisor should send the email in order to get as much buy in as possible from my other committee members.

Between all of that I'm also working on job applications. Need to get one out by the end of the week. Then I have a Skype interview scheduled for another position this week as well. I've never done a video interview before, so we'll see how this goes! I just try to remind myself that I'm really open to a lot of different job options, so if this professor thing doesn't pan out it's not the end of the world. Basically, whatever it takes to prevent hopes from getting too inflated I guess. Also, the internet told me I should lock my cat up in the other room to prevent her from walking across the desk during the interview (not a bad idea considering!). 

In other news, I'm accident prone and I hurt my foot (and hopefully don't need x-rays) and I've been listening to Brett Anderson's Black Rainbows all the time. I somehow missed that he put out a new album last year and it's amazing. I've been a fan of his ever since (the London) Suede's Dog Man Star back in the 90s. 


2 comments:

  1. I've only had one Skype interview. It was ok. The video and audio kept cutting in and out so it was hard to hear the questions I was being asked (i didn't get the job). So, I hope yours goes better than mine did (im sure it will!)! And yes, make sure to lock up your cat! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever use video for anything so I am kind of worried about that! I'll have to give it a test run and hopefully it will run smoothly and not be choppy! Also, thank you!

      Delete

HallÄ! Please leave a comment and let's get a conversation started!