Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Busy Busy


I got feedback from my first set of committee members (I usually send things out to half of them at a time) on my second manuscript earlier today. Nothing terrible and nothing I can't handle, but still enough needing to be rewritten that I feel vaguely like hyperventilating every time I look at the track changes. I put in a good eight hours of edits today already and totally rewrote the introduction/background. I need to make some decisions about the theoretical framework I want to use, which is unfortunate because if there is anything I don't much care for it's theory. Anyway, it will be OK even if I feel a little bit like crying at the moment.

I think I'm about to take a break for the evening, but I'll be busy busy until Monday when I meet with my advisor about how she thinks I should proceed. Dissertation writing = sadness.

So because all my mental bandwidth is being used for staving off angst and thinking about how to reframe things, I give you: ye olde random pictures from my phone! huzzah! Real posting to return sometime next week.


New shoes from Asos. Like a fool I wore these without socks the first time and now the back of my heels are so torn up that I can't wear half of my shoes. Sigh! Hopefully it will heal up soon. 


Zines at the local coffee shop/book store. 


Went to get acupuncture because I wrenched my neck reading again. It did help!


This is my acupuncture homework. More silliness, joy, and wild abandon. The sad part is I am legitimately unable to do this. 


I did, however, break out a mini bottle of port wine I've had on my shelf forever when I ran out of chocolate the other day. When short on chocolate, break out the booze. 

6 comments:

  1. mmmm port! Wise decision! Good luck on your dissertation (I cried the first day in grad school- and quit after the first quarter, so I think you are doing well :-) haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha, I just keep crying the whole time. Not really, but sometimes it feels like it. I've been in grad school since 2007. Sheesh!

      Delete
  2. I hope your feet feel better soon! The shoes are so cute *A*
    Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It's finally almost better! Hoping to be able to wear those shoes again (with thick socks!) soon!

      Delete

HallÄ! Please leave a comment and let's get a conversation started!