I've been working on rewriting my second manuscript since my last post (with breaks for sleeping, eating, a holiday party, and journal club). I think I've finished up the draft. I need to reply to some more comments tomorrow and proof it one more time before sending it off my advisor. Will she have time to read it (on top of manuscript 3) before Monday? Who knows. We hadn't planned on my needing to make so many edits! Anyway, it's looking a lot better and I'm going to bit my tongue with regard to my feelings about the whole thing.
Instead, I give you a list of five things/people that probably irritate me more than they should (and this pretty picture above! See, it's not all bad news).
1. People in the U.S. who sign their emails "cheers." Just don't do it. It makes me think you're a jerk.
2. Anne Hathaway and Scarlett Johansen. They ruin movies for me. I think I need a policy where I just don't watch any movies they are in because I end up hating the whole movie.
3. Messily drunk people. It's not cute once you're over 21.
4. People who cut in line for the bus (so upsetting!). Follow the rules!
5. Cars that try to turn into the crosswalk once I've started walking. I will yell at your car if you do this. If you're lucky you might even catch me waving a fist at you like a true crazy cat lady pedestrian.