Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

5 Things

Source

I've been working on rewriting my second manuscript since my last post (with breaks for sleeping, eating, a holiday party, and journal club). I think I've finished up the draft. I need to reply to some more comments tomorrow and proof it one more time before sending it off my advisor. Will she have time to read it (on top of manuscript 3) before Monday? Who knows. We hadn't planned on my needing to make so many edits! Anyway, it's looking a lot better and I'm going to bit my tongue with regard to my feelings about the whole thing.

Instead, I give you a list of five things/people that probably irritate me more than they should (and this pretty picture above! See, it's not all bad news).

1. People in the U.S. who sign their emails "cheers." Just don't do it. It makes me think you're a jerk.

2. Anne Hathaway and Scarlett Johansen. They ruin movies for me. I think I need a policy where I just don't watch any movies they are in because I end up hating the whole movie.

3.  Messily drunk people. It's not cute once you're over 21.

4. People who cut in line for the bus (so upsetting!). Follow the rules!

5. Cars that try to turn into the crosswalk once I've started walking. I will yell at your car if you do this. If you're lucky you might even catch me waving a fist at you like a true crazy cat lady pedestrian.

8 comments:

  1. lol I only say cheers when I do my British accent...even then its iffy haha Good luck on your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it's OK to do it for fun! But not for profit!

      Thanks! Finally got the darn paper emailed out just now.

      Delete
  2. 'Best' as a sign off I don't like too much, but mostly because if I used it I think it would be awkward! I haven't seen 'cheers' yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers might be a regional thing. Too many people on the East coast wishing they were from the UK.

      I only resort to best when I have no idea what the appropriate level of formality for a salutation is!

      Delete
  3. I don't like the sign off 'cheers' either! And I especially don't like it when I'm serving someone at work and they leave on a 'cheers' note. I'm sorry but we're not sharing celebratory drinks in a social manner where upon 'cheers' would mostly be appropriate. Oh, and line cutters are the worst! They really are a type of person onto themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is really not appropriate for work. And it just strikes me as so insincere!

      Delete
  4. I made a post like this a while ago haha! I have that movie problem with Sandra Bullock for some reason. And I think that too when someone says 'cheers'! I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully Sandra Bullock only really makes movies I don't want to see lately! Somehow those other ladies are in like every movie now though!



      Delete

HallÄ! Please leave a comment and let's get a conversation started!