Here are some of my favorite things this week so far:
- I ordered a bottle of Honore des Pres Vamp A NY a week or so ago. I wasn't 100% convinced at first, but now I'm absolutely in love with it. It's vegan and all natural apparently. I was a little worried because the packaging listed it as containing benzyl salicylate and I'm allergic to salicylates in medicine, but it seems to be such a small amount that it doesn't bother me even with generous applications (you need to use a fair amount since it's not shock full of chemicals). I get plenty of vanilla tempered by balms. It's not that boozy, which makes it nice for daytime as well. I got my bottle on ebay but you can pick it up at Saffron Rouge and Spirit Beauty Lounge for about $98.
|A rapturous blend of tuberose and rum, a pinch of vanilla bourbon all tied together with three magnificent balms: Benzoin, Peru and Tolu Balm.|
- I am absolutely in love with Next Organics Dark Chocolate Almonds. My local grocery store started carrying them, but you can get them on Amazon and some other online stores as well. For people concerned about glazes, I have not confirmed that the glaze is vegan. So if that's a concern for you, you may want to look into it first.
|Dark Chocolate Almonds|
- Winter time approaching means that seasonal teas are out! Celestial Seasonings has a few different holiday teas, but this one is always my favorite. It's delicious! Apparently you can also use it to flavor your oatmeal. I'll definitely need to give that a try at some point.
|Sugar Cookie Tea|
- I've been listening to a lot of lady jazz singers lately and Blossom Dearie is one of my favorites. I feel like she doesn't get much recognition, but she's wonderful! Plus, Blossom Dearie was her real name, which makes me smile. Give it a listen and let me know if you like her as much as I do!
- I'm clearly the last person in the world to read these books. I resisted them forever, but I finally decided I would give them a try when they went onto the Kindle lending library. So I read one of the books a month and I'm almost done with the Goblet of Fire. I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I really love them. Not because of the books, but because I spent so long refusing to read them! I always liked the movies, so I'm not sure what my issue was.
- Finally, the new Björk video for Mutual Core.